Welcome to Nyro Ragnarok Online - Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jeffrey1988 : (21 June 2018 - 10:38 PM)

Thanks GM

@  GM Yurika : (21 June 2018 - 10:35 PM)

The server is now up.

@  snowlim11 : (21 June 2018 - 10:23 PM)

cant login, maintenance now?

@  jeffrey1988 : (21 June 2018 - 10:16 PM)

maintenance ba today kaya rejected from the srver ?

@  jeffrey1988 : (21 June 2018 - 10:03 PM)

Bakit d po makalog in ...??

@  harvex168 : (20 June 2018 - 05:12 PM)

loko tlga c marvin haha nahiram ako busy namn sia

@  ihhnan : (19 June 2018 - 10:37 AM)

hahaha hinde ko alam asan na mga gamit ko kinuha ni Ethereal ahahha

@  harvex168 : (17 June 2018 - 10:56 PM)

mag ol kana ah hehe ung hinihiram ko haha

@  ihhnan : (17 June 2018 - 09:29 AM)

good! :)

@  harvex168 : (16 June 2018 - 07:24 PM)

wala na c aehyn hehenag quit na

@  harvex168 : (16 June 2018 - 07:24 PM)

d na nan

@  ihhnan : (16 June 2018 - 11:46 AM)

GM pa din ba c Aehyn dto ?

@  ihhnan : (16 June 2018 - 11:44 AM)

Balita?

@  harvex168 : (15 June 2018 - 09:49 PM)

boss anjo

@  GM Yurika : (15 June 2018 - 05:41 PM)

Use our full installer.

@  CardHunter : (15 June 2018 - 09:13 AM)

I cant Login it say "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click Ok to close the application

@  GM Yurika : (14 June 2018 - 05:42 PM)

Smart Padala donation is now up! Here is the updated lite installer:
http://www.mediafire...taller_v2.9.exe

@  0cris04 : (14 June 2018 - 07:59 AM)

why i cant find smart padala donation guide ?

@  GM Katana : (13 June 2018 - 05:01 PM)

Hi guys! Sorry for al the delays. GM Yurika has internet connection problems and I am on vacation. We'll.be back on no time so watch out :) I will be hosting events! Big events! Again, we apologize for the inconvinience.

@  Cayle : (11 June 2018 - 12:26 AM)

Hi GM. Is the installer updated already?

Photo
Changelog

[Changelog] 01/19/2018 Maintenance changes

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Bushido

Bushido

Poporing

• Members
  • 74 posts

Melee can change to holy/wind as well.. any melee class (w/ excalubir) vs range = outcome?

And you're missing the point. Since Excalubir was released we range players KNEW melee was stronger since the item release, you would agree?

In saying so we range players waited patiently for something similair for us to "balance" it out. Waited weeks? What did we get? 

An additional nerf to us before a fair item came out for us.

Now to balance something you want to implement it to all sides of the party. Not just one class before moving on don't you?

You can't just implement an item for one type of class and leave it at that and nerf something else. 

I believe this is the wrong way to try "balance" something, if you were going to test whether it was fair you should implement it to all scenarios and see what needs to be changed.

giphy.gif

-CHO-

-CHO-

Poporing

• Members
  • 30 posts
Give them a chance, lets not jump our conclusions here. What gain do they get for actually ruining the balance in game? Im pretty sure they have a valid reasons for this. They may have new items coming, who knows right? Oh well, like my opinion would matter to them anyway, im fairly new compared to you guys. Im just voicing out what i think about this as a new player and i strongly agree to this.

Btw i bet you if i play my ranger again i can beat any melee here except few people.

cho2.gif

Bushido

Bushido

Poporing

• Members
  • 74 posts

Like i said something even/ similiar level of items etc. Excalubir user will beat your ranger in a head on battle.

Just put your GX against your ranger? Lol Oh and make sure to use defender. Goodluck.

giphy.gif

Archival

Archival

Drops

• Members
  • 24 posts

Umm, Couldn't melee use weapon converters? The ones found in vote shops.don't those work in changing one's element?

Bushido

Bushido

Poporing

• Members
  • 74 posts

@archival they do.

giphy.gif

ArdynRex

ArdynRex

Marin

• Members
  • 119 posts

User's Awards

The lack of communication with gms and players is the main cause of the issue.
Changes were done without the consent or proper testing of the nerf [ as to what bushi is saying ]
and yes most of the updates coming in are against ranged classes [ mostly rangers ]

I think before an update, testing phases must be carried out so that these kind of issues would not happen again,
a proper discussion between players and staff should've have been done beforehand.

with this sudden nerf of the unlimit most of the ranged classes would either switch to melee classes or to just entirely give up.

+1 for bushi and aaron for pointing out the issue with the update, the lack of communication is a real issue.
+1 for cho for pointing out the alarming rate of decrease in the population [ from a crowded prontera to a ghost town ]
+1 for clementine for pointing out the issues regarding the range classes. [ Forums, Discord, Fb ]

Final Thoughts

The extra second on the rangers doesnt really give much of an advantage to them since when gxs get in close range, it doesnt matter cause of the ignore reflect capabilities, that is a large nerf to range classes, secondly even if they are tied down to neutral element, gx can change to poison element, so that nullifies it out.

the advantage of a range character being ranged is not really an advantage as you can see in pvp as such before the match/duel starts both of them will be in position already, melees will just go face front of the ranger and if the rangers run a they'll follow him, now that's a cat and mouse game not a pvp match.

another issue i see from this thread as pointed out by you guys is not the issue with other melee classes [ rk,rg,taekwon ] but with the guillotine cross.

• Bushido likes this

giphy.gif

ArdynRex

ArdynRex

Marin

• Members
  • 119 posts

User's Awards

@bushido @archivald

there's also warm wind which they could use.

giphy.gif

ArdynRex

ArdynRex

Marin

• Members
  • 119 posts

User's Awards

Just my 2 cents,

What will happen if they implemented another ignore reflect item [ Excalibur Sword ]?
if they added another ignore reflect to ranged classes wouldnt that be a staple item to ranged classes?
what will happen to empty shadow set, atomos buckler or any other sets with reflect?
what will happen to all other heaven mid gears? [ Ozma, Susanoo [ 3 types ], Azul, Halcyon etc... ]?
wouldnt that make it harder for all other mid gears to be implemented?

just my 2 cents though.

giphy.gif

-CHO-

-CHO-

Poporing

• Members
  • 30 posts

@ArdynRex

Couldn't agree more. Let's wait and see whats gonna happen. If its not working out and it will take a negative effect. I'm pretty sure they would take action right away.

(off topic) -All i'm hoping for is we get to keep many new players as much as possible. Goal should be 500 players before the year ends.

cho2.gif

Bushido

Bushido

Poporing

• Members
  • 74 posts

The lack of communication with gms and players is the main cause of the issue.
Changes were done without the consent or proper testing of the nerf [ as to what bushi is saying ]
and yes most of the updates coming in are against ranged classes [ mostly rangers ]

I think before an update, testing phases must be carried out so that these kind of issues would not happen again,
a proper discussion between players and staff should've have been done beforehand.

with this sudden nerf of the unlimit most of the ranged classes would either switch to melee classes or to just entirely give up.

+1 for bushi and aaron for pointing out the issue with the update, the lack of communication is a real issue.
+1 for cho for pointing out the alarming rate of decrease in the population [ from a crowded prontera to a ghost town ]
+1 for clementine for pointing out the issues regarding the range classes. [ Forums, Discord, Fb ]

Final Thoughts

The extra second on the rangers doesnt really give much of an advantage to them since when gxs get in close range, it doesnt matter cause of they ignore reflect capabilities, that is a large nerf to range classes, secondly even if they are tied down to neutral element, gx can change to poison element, so that nullifies it out.

the advantage of a range character being ranged is not really an advantage as you can see in pvp as such before the match/duel starts both of them we'll be in position already, melees will just go face front of the ranger and if the rangers run a they'll follow him, now that's a cat and mouse game not a pvp match.

another issue i see from this thread as pointed out by you guys is not the issue with other melee classes [ rk,rg,taekwon ] but with the guillotine cross.

Man, i love you. Thanks for understanding holy shit lol.

And for further argument, the issue is that melee has so many counters for range. WHILE range has no real counters to melee. So by nerfing unlimit you just made it EASIER for everyone to counter our damage to anyone using defender fighting range classes.

giphy.gif

ArdynRex

ArdynRex

Marin

• Members
  • 119 posts

User's Awards

Man, i love you. Thanks for understanding holy shit lol.

And for further argument, the issue is that melee has so many counters for range. WHILE range has no real counters to melee. So by nerfing unlimit you just made it EASIER for everyone to counter our damage to anyone using defender fighting range classes.

aww! I love myself too man, thanks for the love.
and i did nothing, i just emphasized the main points and made it easier to understand.

@ArdynRex
Couldn't agree more. Let's wait and see whats gonna happen. If its not working out and it will take a negative effect. I'm pretty sure they would take action right away.

(off topic) -All i'm hoping for is we get to keep many new players as much as possible. Goal should be 500 players before the year ends.

I know i agree with myself too, and to add to that, wouldnt that make the magic types a lil bit op because magic is considered as long ranged.
other than it having the midgears have less of use since the " ignore reflect " items would be used everytime or if not most of the time.

It would also be harder to implement other mid gears at this point since nothing would be of much use other than " ignore reflect " capability.

A quick suggestion to this is put an downside to who wears this item.

An example would be " ignore reflect but reduce healing capabilities by 50% - 75% [ including all types of heal, and lifesteal ]" or make the user undead property if that's a possibility.
[ just my 2 cents, dont hate me, im just giving an idea. ]

giphy.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Changelog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users